Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!


A beautiful blanket of snow has hit the mid-west!

Some people freak out.
Some people run to the grocery to buy a bulk supply of milk, bread & eggs.
Some people wait in long lines at the gas station.

Not me.
I leave work early and layer my kids up Christmas Story style and head out for some sled riding.






I feel like a kid again instantly.


Memories of the many snowdays my brother and I enjoyed together in our backyard come to me making me feel all gooey.




I love making these kinds of happy memories with my boys.


And just like when I was a kid, every snowday ends with a cup of hot chocolate. The real kind made on a stove, not with powder in a cup.


Snowday Hot Chocolate

4 teaspoons sugar
1/3 semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 cups milk
a couple squeezes chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla


add milk,chocolate chips, sugar and syrup into saucepan on medium heat. continously stir until all is combined. add vanilla. serve steaming in cute mugs with lots 'o marshmellows and whipcream.


yummy, sweet and will spoil your dinner:)




Me & bro (way back there) in our backyard with our awesome Pa in 1984

I was the same age then as my Caleb is now.

Happy Winter!

0 comments: