Thursday, July 23, 2009

GO NEW ORLEANS! Lemon Cookies


I go to a pretty amazing church here in Cincinnati called Crossroads. Each year my church sends teams to New Orleans in partnership with Habitat for Humanity to help rebuild the city and love on it's peeps.

I couldn't swing going this year on the trip since I was already spread thin with some other commitments, but I'm holding out hope I can next year.

My neighbor, Bethanne is taking the amazing journey to the Big Easy and I thought with a 17 hour bus trip to endure, she would appreciate some cookie bliss.



I give you the easiest and quite yummy lemon cookie recipe made with a cake mix:

1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter softened
zest of one lemon

Mix lemon cake mix, eggs, butter and lemon zest together. Drop teaspoons of dough on to ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. I also think a cream cheese glaze drizzled over them would be a nice touch too.

Here are mine all boxed up to send off with Bethanne:

Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: