Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lemon Obsession!

As I may have already mentioned I love all things lemon...especially desserts!

I found this recipe recently on allrecipes.com and it is now my new favorite. So easy to make and has the most gourmet result for minimal effort. The top bakes up into sort of a light angel food cake and the bottom becomes a rich lemon sauce. Perfection!!


Embarassingly enough, the damage done to this is all done by me. Don't judge, once you taste this you will not be able to restrain yourself without help. I promise!

Lemon Pudding Cake:

4 eggs, separated
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup white sugar
(I cut sugar downfrom original recipe)
1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk


DIRECTIONS
Beat together egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and butter or margarine until thick and lemon colored. Combine sugar, flour, and salt; add alternately with milk to the yolk mixture, beating well after each addition.
Beat egg whites until stiff. Blend egg whites into batter on low speed of electric mixer. Pour into 8 inch square baking dish.
Place a pan of hot water in the oven, and set the baking dish into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

0 comments: